Sunday, 27 October 2013

Implementation of podcasts

T he implementation of the podcast will be a challenge due to resource limit and lack of access to internet at the training centre. however, students will still be sensitized about the new idea, until such a time that the centre has accessible internet. during the implementation, the intructions for students will be as follow:

Phase I

1. Students will be given the blog address
2. A short lecture on how to use a blog for orientation of students will be offered
3.The blog will be limited to students for a particular course. No students will be allowed to give the blog address to other centres 's participation.
4. All students will have to post their ideas on the blog; this will be phase one. the purpose is to ensure that all students can post a question and comment, assignmentetc.

Phase 2
 1. Students will be divided into groups
2. Each group will be given a case study, problem solving etc, to work on during their clinical placement.
3. posting will be done one each week. Feedback will be given
4. A deadline for posting will be set

Evaluation

Formative assessment will be done every end of the each week. continous assessment will assist in students' interaction in learning.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline,

    I like that you have made the activity compulsory. Who will be doing the feedback for the students? Will it be you or others as well?

    What guidelines will you use to give formative feedback (my project is very similar in this way and I am still wondering about that- it has to be useful and constructively critical...).

    How big will the groups be? Perhaps you could assign different roles to the students each week (see the article summary I posted).

    I am interested in the fact that you want students to give out the blog address to people outside their course. Why is this a concern for you? How would you ensure that they don't disseminate the address? And unless I'm wrong, all blogs are in the public domain anyway (unless you are working on drafts for your own personal use) , so you can't really keep the information hidden from anyone else out there. Perhaps this is a question you should specifically ask your assigned assignment convener?

    Good luck for the last week.

    Regards, Chiv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chiv

    I like your critical thinking. I read the summary, it gave me some thought. I will give the feedback because this will be based on my subject that I teach. my guideline will come from my objectives. I will use the outcome formulate the guideline. the group will be 5-6 in each group . As you know that the bigger the group, less participation. Some may have the address but not allowed to participate.I will equire from JP how to limit non members.
    thanks Chiv
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete